B"H
=====================================================
C O N G R E G A T I O N A N S H E I S F A R D O F W E S L E Y H I L L S
=====================================================
42 Powder Horn Drive
Mount Carmel
Rav Pincus Schwarz: Tel. 354-2660 fax 354-0261
http://ansheisfard.blogspot.com/
heading: www.microsoft.com/mac (heading for Entourage)
Shul Message:
Telephone change: Malcolm-845-659-9128. 845-362-2137 is no longer in service.
Call 9-1-1 in case of Fire.
==================
P E S A C H S H E I N I
==================
FRIDAY, MAY 8, 4 IYAR
Yahrzeit: Rozner family
29th DAY OF THE OMER
GERMANY SURRENDERS, 1945
Schacharit 6:40A
No Tachnun.
May you live to be 120,
===================
S H U L S C H E D U L E
===================
Candle lighting for Erev Shabbat, is at 7:43P
These times are for: Suffern, NY 10901 GMT -05:00 (U.S. Eastern)
DO NOT DEPEND ON ZMANIM AT THE FINAL MOMENT.
WELCOMING THE SHABBOS
Mincha 7P
Repeat the Shm’a after 8:51P
=========================================================
C O U N T T H E O M E R A F T E R N I G H T F A L L
=========================================================
SHABBAT:
Schacharit: 8:50A
Class: 6:35P
=========================================
E T H I C S O F O U R F A T H E R S
=========================================
Chapter 4 of Pirke Avot
Crime Repays
Rabbi Eliezer ben Yaakov said:
He who fulfills one mitzvah acquires for himself one advocate,
and he who commits one transgression, acquires against himself one accuser.
Repentance and good deeds are as a shield against retribution.
- Ethics of the Fathers, 4:11
Mincha: 7:40P
Mariv not before 8:53P
=========================================================
C O U N T T H E O M E R A F T E R N I G H T F A L L
=========================================================
Sunset: 8:02P
Services Schedule for the Week:
=====================================
S U N D A Y, M A Y 1 0, M O T H E R ’ S D A Y
=====================================
Schacharit Sunday: 7:50A
Mincha for the Week: 7:50P
Weekday Schacharit: 6:40A
==================================
T U E S D A Y, M A Y 12 L A G B ’O M E R
==================================
18 IYAR 33rd DAY OF THE OMER
Yahrzeit: Peskoff Family, Weg Family
SCHACHARIT: 6:40A
======================
S H A B B A T D E T A I L S
======================
PARSHAS Emor
30th DAY OF THE OMER
Kiddish and Shalosh Seudas Sponsor : M. Peskoff
Kiddish will be served in the reception area of the Main Sanctuary.
================================
W E A T H E R P O L L E N E R U V
================================
Friday: Few Showers. Night: Showers.
High 73°F Overnight Low 54°F
Saturday: Showers. Night: Partly Cloudy.
High 72°F Overnight Low 51°F
Sunday: Mostly Sunny. Night: Partly Cloudy.
Pollen Alert:
Trees – High. Grasses, Weeds None. Out of Season.
Eruv: Call 888-805-3788 after 10 A.M. Friday.
==============
D A I L Y D O S E
==============
Creating a Need for Wisdom
By Tzvi Freeman
If G–d had made a perfect world, what need would there be for wisdom?
So He left shattered vessels for us to repair. And in doing so, we engage a wisdom deeper
than that which fashioned the earth, the sun and the stars.
From the wisdom of Rabbi Menachem Schneerson, of righteous memory
"Religion is not, at the outset, a refuge of grace and mercy for the
despondent and desperate, an enchanted stream for crushed spirits, but a
raging, clamorous torrent of man's consciousness, with all its crises,
pangs, and torments."
--- Rabbi Dr. J. B. Soloveitchik
11 Iyar
Yahrzeit of Judah P. Benjamin (1811-1884), an American-Jewish statesman.
Benjamin was the second Jew to serve in the U.S. Senate, representing Louisiana.
Sisterhood – Rebetizen: Tel. 354-2660
Hatzolah- 425-1600 Eruv: 888-805-ERUV(3788) Rocklanderuv.org,
Shul Information:
Shul Schedule: http://www.godaven.com/searchzip.asp?zip=10901
Old and current email available from:
Www.Yahoo.com/groups/WesleyHillShuls.